Tax Appointment Checklist

Personal information

  • Driver’s License or State ID for anyone listed on the return
  • Social security cards for anyone listed on the tax return
  • Date of Birth of Children listed on the tax return, if any
  • Banking information such as a voided check where you would like your refund deposited (if applicable)

Business Tax Return Item List –

  • Copy of your business prior year’s tax return
  • Copy of your personal prior year’s tax return
  • Bookkeeping
    • Updated company’s bookkeeping thru 12-31
    • Print a profit & loss statement and a balance sheet (in cash basis)
  • Copies of the 1099’s (received and distributed)
  • Copies of any payroll records, if any (including W-2s and W-3)
  • Copies of any estimated tax payments made for year, if any
  • Copies of the HUD’s for your rental properties, if any
  • List of business assets purchased in the year include the purchase date, cost, and a description of the asset
  • If htis is your first year in business, we will need a copy of the EIN Letter from the IRS
  • If your business elected to be taxed as an s-xorp, we will need a copy of the s-corp election letter received from the IRS
  • Copy of your Operating Agreement or Company Bylaws

Personal Tax Return Item List –

  • W-2’s, if any
  • Alimony Received/Paid
  • 1099’s Received (income), if any
  • 1098’s (Mortgage Interest paid), if applicable
  • Real Estate Property Taxes paid, if applicable
  • 1098-T (Tuition Statement) and any books or material purchased
  • Real estate property tax payment, if applicable
  • Copies of HUD’s for any Real Estate rental properties
  • Any charitable contributions
  • 1099-R’s, if applicable (Retirement Account Distributions)
  • 1099-SSA Social Security, if applicable
  • If self-employed, a summary of income and expenses
  • If you own rental property, a copy of the HUD and a summary of income and expenses
  • If claiming a child dependent, evidence that child resides with you i.e. schools records, healthcare provider statement, medical records, child care provider records, placement agency statement, social services records, employer statement.
  • Summary of Medical Expenses for you, your spouse and/or dependents, if any
  • Form 1095-A if you had health insurance from the marketplace or from 1095-B or 1095-C from your private insurance provider


We focus on individual needs, tailoring tax advice and planning to fit your personal situation. Call today to schedule an appointment with our advisors.
Call (954) 888-6941


We offer a full range of professional services, but strive to still give you the individual attention that you deserve. Feel free to fill out our contact form with any inquiries!

Have any questions?

Would you like to sign up for our newsletter?